- Sun. 10.2.16 10 am – 5 pm Taste of Clarkston, W. Washington St at Mill St, downtown Clarkston, 48346 – join us at our booth as we support our candidates!
- Sun. 10.9.16 6 pm – 9 pm – Oakland County Democratic Party annual Phil Hart Dinner at Farina’s Banquet Center in Berkley, MI, let us know if you would like to join our table! If so, tickets are $85 There will be a Presidential Debate Watch Party at the end of the event.
- Tues. 10.11.16 7 pm – 9 pm OCDP Executive Committee Mtg., location tba
- Wed. 10.21.16 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC monthly meeting at Clarkston Union (downstairs) 54 S Main St, Clarkston, MI 48346 – Speakers (candidates) to be announced.
Archive for the ‘Festival’ Category
- Mon., Sept 5 9:30 am Labor Day Parade in Clarkston, the NODC will walk with Andy Meisner. Parade starts at 10 am at St. Daniel Church at Holcomb and Miller.
- Tues. Sept. 13 7 pm Oakland County Democratic Party meeting at Plumbers Local 98, 555 Horace Brown Dr, Madison Heights, MI 48071
- Wed. Sept 21 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC meeting at C-Pub, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360 – Guest speaker Marie Donigan will speak about the Rapid Transit Authority ballot initiative. Candidates (North Oakland) are invited to speak to the group
- Sat. Sept 24 10 am – 5 pm Septemberfest in Ortonville, (Mill St at South St)
- Save the date: Sun. Oct 2 Taste of Clarkston Noon to 6 pm, corner of Washington and Main St
– Mon. Sept. 7 – 9:30 am – 11:30 am – Please join the North Oakland Democratic Club as we walk to support Labor, and Melissa Gilbert for Congress, 8th District, and of course, our club! The parade route is almost one mile long and a lot of fun! The Parade begins at Renaissance High School 6558 Waldon Rd, Clarkston 48346 near Cherrylawn (across from Clarkston Union High), and ends on Miller Rd at Holcomb Rd near St. Daniel Church.
– Wed. Sept. 16 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC Mtg at Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen 54 S Main St, Clarkston MI 48346 – Jocelyn Benson, 2010 candidate for Michigan Supreme Court and Dean of the Wayne State University Law School will be speaking to our club. Additional speakers and agenda items to be announced.
– Sat. Sept. 19 9:30 am – 11:00 am Adopt-A-Road pickup up on Brown Rd between Joslyn Rd and Baldwin Rd, meet at Costco parking lot, 400 Brown Rd. Bags, safety vests, and “picking sticks” will be provided, please bring work gloves and wear sturdy shoes.
– Sat. Sept 26 10:00 am – 5 pm – Septemberfest in Ortonville http://brandontownship.us/files/2015_Septemberfest.pdf
There are a a number of events that the North Oakland Democratic Club will participate in in September.
- With the approach of the Michigan expansion of Medicaid, a Michigan health care exchange, and enrollment for health care plans relating to the Affordable Healthcare Act, the NODC has invited a speaker from the Michigan AARP, Steven Hernandez from Michigan Consumers for Healthcare and possibly another speaker (to be announced) to provide an update. We will meet Thurs. Sept 19th at Red Knapp’s American Grille 6722 Dixie Hwy., Clarkston, 48346 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm As always, please bring canned and packaged food for the Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry – the need for food support has only grown larger in North Oakland County
- Please be part of the North Oakland Democratic Club table at the OCDP 53rd Annual Phil Hart Dinner, Sun. Sept.15, 6:00 pm at Club Venetian 29310 John R Road Madison Heights, MI 48071 Click here for tickets. Please let me know if you are making plans to attend and would like to sit at our table.
- Sun. Sept 15, noon to 5 pm Please drop by the NODC canopy at Taste of Clarkston. We will be with exhibitors in the parking lot on N Main St, at W. Washington St.
- Sat. Sept 21, 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Please join us for our September Adopt-A-Road pick-up on Brown Rd between Joslyn Rd and Baldwin Rd. Meet us in the northeast corner of the Costco parking lot (400 Brown Rd) . Bring work gloves and sturdy shoes, we will provide the safety vests, bags, and picking sticks
- Sat. Sept. 28, 10 am to 5 pm. Please drop by the NODC canopy at Septemberfest in Ortonville. We will be on South St, above Mill St.
- Sat. Aug. 4 10:00 am to 5 pm Celebrate Oxford – Business Expo Tent on E. Burdick St. at Washington St. Join us at our table or drop by while you are there!
- Fri. Aug 3, 4:00 pm Deadline to file with your township clerk as a Precinct Delegate Write-In Candidate
- Tues. Aug 7 – Michigan Primary
- Sat. Aug 18 11 am to 1:00 pm – The “Oakland 8th District” County Convention will be held at the C-Pub (a.k.a. Clansman Gaelic Pub) at Canterbury village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360
- We will be in the meeting room upstairs from the main floor.
- Credentials from 11:00 am to 11:45 am
- Convention from noon to 1 pm
County conventions will be held on Saturday, August 18, 2012 in preparation for the MDP State Convention on Sun. Sep. 9th at the Lansing CenterState Convention Committees will meet as follows:Platform and ResolutionsWednesday – Thursday, August 22 -23, 20127PM Hart-Kennedy House, 606 Townsend, LansingCredentialsThe committee will meet at the call of the chair of the MDP at the convention if necessaryRulesTuesday, August 21, 20127PM Hart-Kennedy House, 606 Townsend, LansingThe purpose of the convention are to 1) elect members and alternates of State Convention Committees and 2) consider resolutions for forwarding to the State Convention Platform Committee.Committees Delegates Alternate delegatesmale female male femaleCredentials Ingham Oakland Shiawassee InghamRules Clinton Ingham Ingham LivingstonPlatform/ Resolution Livingston Ingham Oakland Clinton
- We will elect 1 female delegate to the Credentials Committee and 1 male alternate to the Platform and Resolution Committee (see details below).
- We will also discuss and approve any resolutions submitted to the committee (please submit any potential resolutions in advance to Phil Reid
- Sat. Aug. 18 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm NODC Picnic at the home and property of Fred and Nancy Miller 875 N Baldwin Rd , Oxford, Mi 48371 Cost per person $10 each, $20 per family. Hamburgers, hot dogs and soda pop and water provided.
- This is an opportunity to meet candidates and have fun with our great club members!