For a Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser, Social Event and Pizza and Salad Buffet, Tuesday, May 5,
Wed. November 18 6:30 – 8:30 pm – NODC Mtg – Movie Night – at Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 [ map link ]
For this meeting we will be showing a documentary “Best of Enemies” Buckley vs Vidal
ABOUT THE FILM
In the summer of 1968 television news changed forever. Dead last in the ratings, ABC hired two towering public intellectuals to debate each other during the Democratic and Republican national conventions. William F. Buckley Jr. was a leading light of the new conservative movement. A Democrat and cousin to Jackie Onassis, Gore Vidal was a leftist novelist and polemicist. Armed with deep-seated distrust and enmity, Vidal and Buckley believed each other’s political ideologies were dangerous for America. Like rounds in a heavyweight battle, they pummeled out policy and personal insult—their explosive exchanges devolving into vitriolic name-calling. Live and unscripted, they kept viewers riveted. Ratings for ABC News skyrocketed, and a new era in public discourse was born.
– See more at: http://www.magpictures.com/bestofenemies/#sthash.TmITegA7.dpuf
Sun. November 22, 6 pm – 9 pm at UFCW Local 876 located at 876 Horace Brown Dr, Madison Heights, MI [ map link ]Please join the NODC at our table for the Oakland County Democratic Party Annual Phil Hart DinnerTickets are $70 each if you join us at our table for 10 peoplePlease contact Phil Reid 248-922-9203, firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
- Mon. Sept. 7 – 9:30 am – 11:30 am – Please join the North Oakland Democratic Club as we walk to support Labor, and Melissa Gilbert for Congress, 8th District, and of course, our club! The parade route is almost one mile long and a lot of fun! The Parade begins at Renaissance High School 6558 Waldon Rd, Clarkston 48346 near Cherrylawn (across from Clarkston Union High), and ends on Miller Rd at Holcomb Rd near St. Daniel Church.
- Wed. Sept. 16 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC Mtg at Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen 54 S Main St, Clarkston MI 48346 – Jocelyn Benson, 2010 candidate for Michigan Supreme Court and Dean of the Wayne State University Law School will be speaking to our club. Additional speakers and agenda items to be announced.
- Sat. Sept. 19 9:30 am – 11:00 am Adopt-A-Road pickup up on Brown Rd between Joslyn Rd and Baldwin Rd, meet at Costco parking lot, 400 Brown Rd. Bags, safety vests, and “picking sticks” will be provided, please bring work gloves and wear sturdy shoes.
- Sat. Sept 26 10:00 am – 5 pm – Septemberfest in Ortonville http://brandontownship.us/files/2015_Septemberfest.pdf
Sat. July 4 9 a.m – 11:30 a.m. Clarkston Independence Day Parade
Tues. July 14 7 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. Oakland County Democratic Party Executive Committee Mtg at Oakland County Commissioners Auditorium, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, Pontiac, MI
Wed, July 15 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – NODC July mtg. at Italia Gardens, 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 Guest speakers include Tunde Olaniran from Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan, and Gerald Hasspacher from the Sierra Club Metro Detroit.
Sat. July 18 8:30 am – 10:00 a.m. – Adopt-A-Road, Brown Rd between Joslyn and Balwin Rd (meet at Costco Parking Lot)