Please join the North Oakland Democratic Club Wed. June 18 6:30 pm – C-Pub at Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI to hear:
- Jill Fritz Campaign director Keep Michigan Wolves Protected and also the Michigan Senior State director for The Humane Society of the United States;
- Dennis Ritter, former Waterford Twp. Supervisor, Clarkston City Manager and candidate for MI House District 43;
- Frank Houston - Oakland County Democratic Party
- Abby Clark, Campaign Manager - Eric Schertzing for Congress
- Kevin Hrit, Field Director - Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
If you didn’t get your Precinct Delegate application into the County Clerk by April 22, you can file as a Write-In-Candidate by August 1.
Please bring canned and packaged food for the Oxford/Orion FISH – Food PantryHope to see you there!
- Download and print the form: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Dec-Int-Write-In_94360_7.pdf
- As a write-in candidate for a precinct delegate position, you must file this form with the clerk of your city or township of residence no later than 4:00 p.m. on the first Friday immediately preceding the August 5 primary.
- Sun. June 22, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Fundraiser – Eric Schertzing for Congress, 8th District at the home of Dennis and Sandy Ritter 63 Waldon Rd., Clarkston, MI 48346
Archive for the ‘Elected Officials’ Category
Tentative 2014 NODC Public Meeting Locations 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm please check our website for updates www.northoakland-dems.org
The North Oakland Democratic Club typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month, speakers usually begin at 7:00 pm
- January 28 (Tues). – Clarkston Union M/C Room – POTUS State of the Union Watch Party, 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346 Meeting will begin at 8:00 pm, address begins at 9:00 pm -
- February 19 (Wed) – The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- March 19 (Wed) – C- Pub (Clansman Gaelic Pub @ Canterbury Village) 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- April 16 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- April 19 (Sat) – Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- May 5 (Mon) – Cinco de Mayo Spring Fundraiser The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- June 18 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- July 4 (Fri) 9 a.m. – noon – Clarkston Independence Day Parade (Meet at St. Daniel Church Parking Lot)
- July 16 – (Wed) Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- July 19 (Sat) - Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- August 23 (Sat) – NODC Annual Picnic ( 875 N Baldwin Rd, Oxford, MI 48371)
- September 1 (Mon) – Clarkston Labor Day Parade 9am – noon (Meet at Renaissance High School 6558 Waldon Road Clarkston, MI 48346)
- September 17 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- Sept 20 (Sat) - Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- September 21, (Sun) – Taste of Clarkston noon – 6 pm (W. Washington St at Main St), Clarkston, MI 48346
- September 27 (Sat) – Septemberfest – Ortonville 10 am – 5 pm (South St at Mill St)
- October 15 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- November 19 (Wed) – Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- December 17 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
follow the North Oakland Democratic Club on social media:
North Oakland Democratic Club endorses Kande Ngalamulume for Congress!
Kande Kicks of Candidacy in Clarkston!
By a unanimous vote, the NODC endorsed Kande Ngalamulume for Congress.
Kande Ngalamulume kicked off his bid for Congress, 8th District, in Clarkston on Thursday, May 6th in the heart of Clarkston, in front of the Clarkston News.
NODC fundraising event: “Cinco de Mayo” on May 5 at G’s Pizzeria 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Please join us for a Cinco de Mayo fundraiser, silent auction, and social hour at G’s Pizzeria, 2775 S. Lapeer Rd., Lake Orion, 48360, Wednesday, May 5th from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
You’ll enjoy a delicious “all you can eat” pizza buffet that also includes salad, breadsticks and fountain beverages – all for only $15 per adult, $10 for children 13-18, and $5 for children 12 and under. A cash bar will also be available.
You won’t want to miss guest speakers: Candidate for Governor Virg Bernero, Secretary of State Candidate Jocelyn Benson, Oakland County Treasurer Andy Meisner, State Senate 12th candidate Casandra Ulbrich, Erin Fox for Congressional candidate Kande Ngalamulume, State Senate Candidate Pam Jackson (15), State Senate Candidate Paula Zelenko (26), Lorenzo Rivera for the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement, State Rep candidate John Bingham, Jr. (46), MSU Board Trustees candidate Dennis Denno, and Melissa Bernardi for OFA.
PowerPoint projector ads are $25; “Friend” ads are $10 (see contact information on the attached flyer). The event is open to the public, so please bring family and friends to enjoy what’s sure to be a great social event. For additional details – or to donate a Silent Auction item – please contact Francine Melotti at email@example.com
On May 19, NODC will meet at the Brandon Twp. Library, 304 South St. Ortonville. Our invited speakers are Lt. Gov. John Cherry, State Senate Dist. 26 candidate Paula Zelenko, and Barbara McCallahan, Director of Community Affairs for Senator Stabenow.
Our next scheduled meeting is Wednesday, October 21st (the 3rd Wednesday of the month) – 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Clarkston Union M/C Room (downstairs). People are free to order food and drink at the bar and then come downstairs (self service). State Senator Deb Cherry will speak to our group regarding current issues in the State Senate.
Join the NODC for a screening of Michael Moore’s “Capitalism: A Love Story” Thursday, October 15th, 7:20 PM at the AMC Great Lakes Crossing, 4300 Brown Rd, Auburn Hills, MI – admission is only $5 dollars, and it’s a great way to see the film, with fellow Democrats.
Thanks to the NODC members that attended the 49th Annual Phil Hart Dinner last week. Congressman Barney Frank did not disappoint the crowd, and it was covered by the Detroit Free Press: article link
The NODC has t-shirts for sale (Med – 2XL) $ 20 each
More NODC stuff is available via the MDP website: Link to MDP
Phil Reid, Chair, NODC
The next meeting of the North Oakland Democratic Club will be at the Orion Township Library, Thursday May 21, 7 PM. The Orion Library is located at 825 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion.
Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper will discuss current activities of the Prosecutor’s Office since January of this year.
Oakland County Democratic Party (OCDP) Chair Michael McGuinness will discuss activities of the County Party.
Janis Ripple, will provide a brief review of the Oakland County Democratic Party Healthcare Platform and Advocacy campaign for repealing Michigan’s Drug Industry Immunity laws.
Please attend the meeting, and bring a friend!