- Sun. 10.2.16 10 am – 5 pm Taste of Clarkston, W. Washington St at Mill St, downtown Clarkston, 48346 – join us at our booth as we support our candidates!
- Sun. 10.9.16 6 pm – 9 pm – Oakland County Democratic Party annual Phil Hart Dinner at Farina’s Banquet Center in Berkley, MI, let us know if you would like to join our table! If so, tickets are $85 There will be a Presidential Debate Watch Party at the end of the event.
- Tues. 10.11.16 7 pm – 9 pm OCDP Executive Committee Mtg., location tba
- Wed. 10.21.16 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC monthly meeting at Clarkston Union (downstairs) 54 S Main St, Clarkston, MI 48346 – Speakers (candidates) to be announced.
Archive for the ‘Candidates’ Category
- Mon., Sept 5 9:30 am Labor Day Parade in Clarkston, the NODC will walk with Andy Meisner. Parade starts at 10 am at St. Daniel Church at Holcomb and Miller.
- Tues. Sept. 13 7 pm Oakland County Democratic Party meeting at Plumbers Local 98, 555 Horace Brown Dr, Madison Heights, MI 48071
- Wed. Sept 21 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm NODC meeting at C-Pub, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360 – Guest speaker Marie Donigan will speak about the Rapid Transit Authority ballot initiative. Candidates (North Oakland) are invited to speak to the group
- Sat. Sept 24 10 am – 5 pm Septemberfest in Ortonville, (Mill St at South St)
- Save the date: Sun. Oct 2 Taste of Clarkston Noon to 6 pm, corner of Washington and Main St
- Please join us for a briefing by MI State Board of Education President John Austin. “Rebuilding our schools, communities, and the Michigan Dream”
- Also, we will hold a “Straw Poll” for the 2016 Primary.
- Additional speakers and agenda items to be announced.
- You can also sign up to be on the ballot for Precinct Delegate. We will notarize Precinct Delegate Affidavit of Identity forms for those filing them out, which have to be sent to the Oakland County Clerk.
We will have nominating petitions for Melissa Gilbert for Congress! Please help us get over 1,000 signatures!
For more information about Melissa Gilbert, please check out this link: https://ocdp.org/news/15/08/17/melissa-gilbert-running-congress-8th-district
Crains Business Detroit August 14, 2015 http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20150814/BLOG020/150819912/melissa-gilberts-hollywood-ties-could-help-campaign-for-congress
LANSING — Having ties to Hollywood could be a good thing for actress Melissa Gilbert, who plans to run for Congress in Michigan and will need a sizable war chest, political observers say.
One caveat: Her ability to leverage her name recognition while fundraising her campaign won’t easily offset the fact that she owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid federal taxes, which continues to grab headlines.
That could make it hard for Gilbert, a newcomer both to politics and to Michigan, to unseat an incumbent congressman in a Republican-leaning district.
Gilbert, an author and actress who starred as Laura Ingalls in the 1970s TV show “Little House on the Prairie,” said she will run in 2016 as a Democrat in the 8th District, which spans Ingham and Livingston counties and northern Oakland County.
National analysts, from Charlie Cook’s The Cook Political Report to Washington-based political news source Roll Call, have pegged the 8th District as “likely” or “safe” Republican in 2016. Even so, the National Republican Congressional Committee has listed Bishop on its “Patriot Program” to help raise money for what it considers possibly vulnerable incumbents.
State party officials say they expect Bishop to return to Congress.
Bucholz said Bishop could benefit in a presidential-year election if voters perceive “party fatigue” and decide to elect a Republican to the White House.
But Ballenger said Democrats in general tend to do better in elections with a presidential race because turnout increases. This could be true if Democrats have a popular candidate, namely if former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wins the party’s nomination.