Sat. June 2 – MDP Congressional District Conventions – Registration 9 a.m., Convention begins 10 a.m.
At the conventions, voters will select delegates and alternates to the National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 8th District – East Lansing Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823
- 9th District – Troy Historic Village, 60 W. Wattles Rd. (at Livernois, in the Church Building), Troy, MI 48098
Wed. June 20, Monthly meeting will be at the Clarkston Union (M/C Room downstairs), 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Lynnette Teller, MEA Public Affairs Council member and MEA/NEA delegate will discuss educational issues, particularly public education and the work of the MEA Public Affairs Council
- LuAnn Kozma from “Ban Michigan Fracking” will talking about Induced hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracking, commonly known as fracking in Michigan, with a focus on Oakland County.
- Additional speakers to be announced.
Fri. June 22, 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm – NODC Movie Night at the home of Francine Melotti, 1949 Twin Lakes Blvd. Oxford. 48371 248-628-1267 The movie will the the documentary “Gasland” which is about “fracking” in the U.S.
Sun., June 24, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Oakland County Democratic Party 52nd Annual Phillip A. Hart Dinner at the Somerset Inn, Somerset Ballroom
- Francine Melotti will be recognized at Precinct Delegate of the Year.
- Keynote Speaker will be Congressman Xavier Becerra,
- for more information go to Phil Hart Dinner