Please join the North Oakland Democratic Club Wed. June 18 6:30 pm – C-Pub at Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI to hear:
- Jill Fritz Campaign director Keep Michigan Wolves Protected and also the Michigan Senior State director for The Humane Society of the United States;
- Dennis Ritter, former Waterford Twp. Supervisor, Clarkston City Manager and candidate for MI House District 43;
- Frank Houston - Oakland County Democratic Party
- Abby Clark, Campaign Manager - Eric Schertzing for Congress
- Kevin Hrit, Field Director - Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
If you didn’t get your Precinct Delegate application into the County Clerk by April 22, you can file as a Write-In-Candidate by August 1.
Please bring canned and packaged food for the Oxford/Orion FISH – Food PantryHope to see you there!
- Download and print the form: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Dec-Int-Write-In_94360_7.pdf
- As a write-in candidate for a precinct delegate position, you must file this form with the clerk of your city or township of residence no later than 4:00 p.m. on the first Friday immediately preceding the August 5 primary.
- Sun. June 22, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Fundraiser – Eric Schertzing for Congress, 8th District at the home of Dennis and Sandy Ritter 63 Waldon Rd., Clarkston, MI 48346
Archive for the ‘8th District’ Category
- Sat. May 3 11:00 am – 12:30 pm – 8th District Meeting at Eastside Mario’s in Rochester Hills
- Mon. May 5 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – North Oakland Democratic Club Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser
Please join the NODC, Michigan Lt. Governor candidate Lisa Brown, Michigan Attorney General candidate Mark Totten, Michigan Democratic Party Chair Lon Johnson, and other candidates to be announced for a Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser, Social Event and Nacho Buffet, Monday, May 5, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N. Lapeer Rd., Oxford MI 48371
- $20.00 per person, includes Nacho Buffet and some beverages
- 60/40 Raffle!
- We will also have a Notary Public at the meeting for Precinct Delegates
Contact Kevin Church for additional details: 810-394-8253
- Tues. May 6 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Filing Deadline for Precinct Delegate, candidates appear on the August 5, 2014 Democratic Primary Ballot
- Please download, print, and bring your Notarized application to the Oakland County Clerk’s Office
- Find your polling location here: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/
Attn: Election Division
1200 N. Telegraph Rd.
14 East – West Wing
- Our guest speakers will be former Michigan Democratic Party Chair Mark Brewer who will talk about recent changes to Michigan and Federal campaign finance law; and Rick Pluta Lansing correspondent for the Michigan Public Radio Network on the political scene in Lansing. Candidate for Congress Ken Darga will also attend our meeting, and anyone who is circulating petitions for him are asked to please bring them to this meeting.
- As always, please bring your canned and package food donations for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry to the meeting and we will deliver your donations.
- Now is the time to join or renew your membership in the North Oakland Democratic Club! You can do this at our next meeting!
NODC April Newsletter is now available!
April 19 – Adopt-A-Road Spring Pick-up – Brown Rd between Baldwin and Joslyn
- February 19 (Wed) 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 (downstairs)
- Our guest Speakers will be Mark Schauer, Democratic candidate for Governor;
- Also speaking will be Kurt Metzger, Director Emeritus, Data Driven Detroit and;
- Ken Darga, recently retired State Demographer and candidate for Congress, 8th District
- Kurt Metzger and Ken Darga have been invited to talk about demographic trends in SE Michigan and statewide
- We will have nominating petitions on hand for Mark Schauer and Gary Peters
- Please bring canned or packaged foods for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry
- Now is the time to join or renew your membership in the North Oakland Democratic Club!
Tentative 2014 NODC Public Meeting Locations 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm please check our website for updates www.northoakland-dems.org
The North Oakland Democratic Club typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month, speakers usually begin at 7:00 pm
- January 28 (Tues). – Clarkston Union M/C Room – POTUS State of the Union Watch Party, 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346 Meeting will begin at 8:00 pm, address begins at 9:00 pm -
- February 19 (Wed) – The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- March 19 (Wed) – C- Pub (Clansman Gaelic Pub @ Canterbury Village) 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- April 16 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- April 19 (Sat) – Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- May 5 (Mon) – Cinco de Mayo Spring Fundraiser The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- June 18 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- July 4 (Fri) 9 a.m. – noon – Clarkston Independence Day Parade (Meet at St. Daniel Church Parking Lot)
- July 16 – (Wed) Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- July 19 (Sat) - Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- August 23 (Sat) – NODC Annual Picnic ( 875 N Baldwin Rd, Oxford, MI 48371)
- September 1 (Mon) – Clarkston Labor Day Parade 9am – noon (Meet at Renaissance High School 6558 Waldon Road Clarkston, MI 48346)
- September 17 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- Sept 20 (Sat) - Adopt-A-Road Spring pick-up, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. 400 Brown Rd (Costco N.E. Parking Lot)
- September 21, (Sun) – Taste of Clarkston noon – 6 pm (W. Washington St at Main St), Clarkston, MI 48346
- September 27 (Sat) – Septemberfest – Ortonville 10 am – 5 pm (South St at Mill St)
- October 15 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- November 19 (Wed) – Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- December 17 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
follow the North Oakland Democratic Club on social media: