Please join the North Oakland Democratic Club Wed. June 18 6:30 pm – C-Pub at Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI to hear:
- Jill Fritz Campaign director Keep Michigan Wolves Protected and also the Michigan Senior State director for The Humane Society of the United States;
- Dennis Ritter, former Waterford Twp. Supervisor, Clarkston City Manager and candidate for MI House District 43;
- Frank Houston – Oakland County Democratic Party
- Abby Clark, Campaign Manager – Eric Schertzing for Congress
- Kevin Hrit, Field Director – Gary Peters for U.S. Senate
If you didn’t get your Precinct Delegate application into the County Clerk by April 22, you can file as a Write-In-Candidate by August 1.
Please bring canned and packaged food for the Oxford/Orion FISH – Food PantryHope to see you there!
- Download and print the form: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Dec-Int-Write-In_94360_7.pdf
- As a write-in candidate for a precinct delegate position, you must file this form with the clerk of your city or township of residence no later than 4:00 p.m. on the first Friday immediately preceding the August 5 primary.
- Sun. June 22, 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Fundraiser – Eric Schertzing for Congress, 8th District at the home of Dennis and Sandy Ritter 63 Waldon Rd., Clarkston, MI 48346
- Sat. May 3 11:00 am – 12:30 pm – 8th District Meeting at Eastside Mario’s in Rochester Hills
- Mon. May 5 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – North Oakland Democratic Club Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser
Please join the NODC, Michigan Lt. Governor candidate Lisa Brown, Michigan Attorney General candidate Mark Totten, Michigan Democratic Party Chair Lon Johnson, and other candidates to be announced for a Cinco de Mayo Fundraiser, Social Event and Nacho Buffet, Monday, May 5, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N. Lapeer Rd., Oxford MI 48371
- $20.00 per person, includes Nacho Buffet and some beverages
- 60/40 Raffle!
- We will also have a Notary Public at the meeting for Precinct Delegates
Contact Kevin Church for additional details: 810-394-8253
- Tues. May 6 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Filing Deadline for Precinct Delegate, candidates appear on the August 5, 2014 Democratic Primary Ballot
- Please download, print, and bring your Notarized application to the Oakland County Clerk’s Office
- Find your polling location here: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/
Attn: Election Division
1200 N. Telegraph Rd.
14 East – West Wing
- Our guest speakers will be former Michigan Democratic Party Chair Mark Brewer who will talk about recent changes to Michigan and Federal campaign finance law; and Rick Pluta Lansing correspondent for the Michigan Public Radio Network on the political scene in Lansing. Candidate for Congress Ken Darga will also attend our meeting, and anyone who is circulating petitions for him are asked to please bring them to this meeting.
- As always, please bring your canned and package food donations for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry to the meeting and we will deliver your donations.
- Now is the time to join or renew your membership in the North Oakland Democratic Club! You can do this at our next meeting!
NODC April Newsletter is now available!
April 19 – Adopt-A-Road Spring Pick-up – Brown Rd between Baldwin and Joslyn
Please join us for our Wed. March 19 meeting, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at C-Pub in Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI (map)
- Our guest speakers are State Rep. Dist. 27 Ellen Cogen Lipton who will speak on the issues related to the Educational Achievement Authority (EAA) http://027.housedems.com/district-map
- Susan Grettenberger, Social Work Program Director at Central Michigan University and candidate for Congress, MI-8, who is seeking to challenge Rep. Mike Rogers in 2014
- Rick Pluta, Reporter / Producer – Michigan Public Radio Network. His beats include the Legislature and courts, as well as environmental and legal issues. Pluta has covered the Michigan Capitol since 1987.
- You can file for Precinct Delegate, we will have a Notary Public available to notarize your Affidavit of Identity, which must be filed with the Oakland County Clerk – Elections Division
- Now is the time to renew your membership or join the North Oakland Democratic Club (membership form)
- We will have nominating petitions for Governor, U.S. Senate, Congress, and petitions to Raise the Minimum Wage.
- Please bring canned or packaged food donations to our meeting for the Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry (please no expired food as it can’t be accepted)
- February 19 (Wed) 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 (downstairs)
- Our guest Speakers will be Mark Schauer, Democratic candidate for Governor;
- Also speaking will be Kurt Metzger, Director Emeritus, Data Driven Detroit and;
- Ken Darga, recently retired State Demographer and candidate for Congress, 8th District
- Kurt Metzger and Ken Darga have been invited to talk about demographic trends in SE Michigan and statewide
- We will have nominating petitions on hand for Mark Schauer and Gary Peters
- Please bring canned or packaged foods for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry
- Now is the time to join or renew your membership in the North Oakland Democratic Club!