March 16th, 2016
North Oakland Democratic Club
Agenda – March 16, 2016 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – C-Pub Lake Orion
- Ross Gavin – Deputy Treasurer – Oakland County
- Treasurer’s Report – Kevin Church
- Now is the time to join or renew your NODC membership for 2016!
- Vice Chair’s Report – Francine Melotti
- Chair’s Report – Phil Reid
- Sat. April 16, 10 am to Noon Precinct Delegate Training event at UAW 5960 180 E. Silverbell Rd, Lake Orion, MI 49360, sponsored by NODC, RADC, Waterford Dems, Pontiac Dems, MDP, OCDP
- Candidates for Commissioner, State Rep filing deadline is Tues. April 19
- Precinct Delegates, Candidates for Office filing deadline is 4pm Tues. May 3
- OCDP has moved to 17100 Twelve Mile Rd #5, Southfield, MI 48076, home of Sheet Metal Workers Local 80
- Next meeting will be April 20 at Clarkston Union 54 S Main St, Clarkston, MI 48346 – Speakers and agenda items to be announced
- Good and Welfare
8th Congressional District Meeting 10:15 AM
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Livingston County Democratic Party Office
NEW LOCATION – Directions below
8028 W Grand River Ave
Brighton, MI 48114
The meeting will be held in the Livingston County Democratic Party Office.
From Lansing 96 expressway to Exit 145 – turn left onto Grand River
From Oakland County 96 expressway to exit 145 – turn right onto Grand River
You will be driving west on Grand River. In less than 1 minute after you get though the traffic lights (.7 of a mile) you will see a sign on your left for Woodland Plaza. The office is in that mall.
Location is close to the corner of the L shaped mall. Suite # 7
Section 2. The intent and purpose of this Committee shall be to elect a Democratic Representative to the United States Congress; publicize and promote policies and platforms of the Democratic Party; and cooperate with County Democratic Committees in the District to elect Democrats to public office.
February 10th, 2016
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Please join us for a briefing by MI State Board of Education President John Austin. “Rebuilding our schools, communities, and the Michigan Dream”
- Also, we will hold a “Straw Poll” for the 2016 Primary.
- Additional speakers and agenda items to be announced.
- You can also sign up to be on the ballot for Precinct Delegate. We will notarize Precinct Delegate Affidavit of Identity forms for those filing them out, which have to be sent to the Oakland County Clerk.
We will have nominating petitions for Melissa Gilbert for Congress! Please help us get over 1,000 signatures!
Now is the time to join or renew your membership! Membership form is here http://northoakland-dems.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/NODC-form-514.pdf.
Please bring canned and packaged food donations for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry.
January 9th, 2016
1.12.16 Tues 7 pm – 10 pm – Oakland County Democratic Party – Exec. Committee Mtg. and State of the Union Watch Party at Fifth Avenue, 215 Fifth Ave. Royal Oak, MI 48067 Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/Z4kYUX4TJYJ2
1.20.16 6:30 – 8:30 pm North Oakland Democratic Club (program starts at 7 pm) Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen (downstairs) – 54 S Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346 – Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/VVeUqLD2EWq
- James Stretch, campaign manager for Melissa Gilbert for Congress
- Christina Soliz, East Michigan Field Organizer Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan
December 10th, 2015
Dec. 16 (Wed) 6:30 pm – C-Pub(link is external) 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- Political Trivia night
- Update on campaign for Kate Logan, House District 46
- Update on campaign for Melissa Gilbert for Congress
- Dave Woodward invited to speak about paid sick leave initiative.
- Please bring canned and packaged food items for Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry
- Now is the time to join or renew your membership for 2016!
November 11th, 2015
Wed. November 18 6:30 – 8:30 pm – NODC Mtg – Movie Night – at Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 [ map link ]
For this meeting we will be showing a documentary “Best of Enemies” Buckley vs Vidal
ABOUT THE FILM
In the summer of 1968 television news changed forever. Dead last in the ratings, ABC hired two towering public intellectuals to debate each other during the Democratic and Republican national conventions. William F. Buckley Jr. was a leading light of the new conservative movement. A Democrat and cousin to Jackie Onassis, Gore Vidal was a leftist novelist and polemicist. Armed with deep-seated distrust and enmity, Vidal and Buckley believed each other’s political ideologies were dangerous for America. Like rounds in a heavyweight battle, they pummeled out policy and personal insult—their explosive exchanges devolving into vitriolic name-calling. Live and unscripted, they kept viewers riveted. Ratings for ABC News skyrocketed, and a new era in public discourse was born.
– See more at: http://www.magpictures.com/bestofenemies/#sthash.TmITegA7.dpuf
Sun. November 22, 6 pm – 9 pm at UFCW Local 876 located at 876 Horace Brown Dr, Madison Heights, MI [ map link ]
Please join the NODC at our table for the Oakland County Democratic Party Annual Phil Hart Dinner
Tickets are $70 each if you join us at our table for 10 people
Please contact Phil Reid 248-922-9203, firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.