April 30th, 2015
Tues., May 5 is Election Day – a special election for Proposal 1 Polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm
NODC fundraising event: “Cinco de Mayo” on May 5 at The Burning Oak Smokehouse, Oxford, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Please join us for a Cinco de Mayo fundraiser and social hour at The Burning Oak Smokehouse, 595 N. Lapeer Rd., Oxford, 48371, Tuesday, May 5, from 6:30
p.m. to 8:30 p.m. You’ll enjoy a delicious nacho buffet that also includes fountain beverages – all for only $20 per adult
; a cash bar will also be available. You won’t want to miss guest speakers: MI House Democratic Leader Tim Greimel
, Radio Host Tony Trupiano
, 2014 Attorney General Candidate Mark Totten
– and other speakers to be announced. The event is open to the public, so please bring family and friends to enjoy what’s sure to be a great social event – and an opportunity to help our club support 2016 election efforts. We look forward to seeing you!
Sat. May 5 pm – 9 pm is the Michigan Democrats 2015 Jefferson-Jackson Dinner to Honor Congressman Dingell, Senator Levin; Will Feature Special Guest Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Tickets are $175 ea.
Order Tickets: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/mdpjeffjack
Tues. May 12, 7:00 pm – 9 pm Oakland County Democratic Party Executive Committee Meeting – Oak Park Community Center, 14300 Oak Park Blvd, Oak Park, MI 48237
Speakers include State Rep. Jim Towsend, Jill Alper – Partner/Principcal of Dewery Square Group (also DNC Executive Committee member), and Dave Woodward, Oakland County Commissioner – Will try and also cover a little strategic plan intro/next steps and/or work groups
January 15th, 2015
Wed. Jan. 21, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – North Oakland Democratic Club Meeting at Clarkston Union, 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48348
- Invited Speakers: Andy Meisner – Oakland County Treasurer, John Stilley – Chair, Waterford Democratic Club
- We will be electing officers for the 2015 – 2016 cycle for the North Oakland Democratic Club. The NODC Nominating Committee has recommended Phil Reid – Chair, Francine Melotti – Vice Chair, Kevin Church – Treasurer. No recommendation at this time for Secretary.
- We will elect members to the NODC Executive Committee at our February 18 meeting. If you would like to participate as a member of the Executive Committee, please contact Phil Reid at 248-922-9203 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please bring packaged and canned foods for Oxford/Orion FISH (please check that “sell by” date has not been exceeded). January Pantry Wish List: jelly and jam, vegetable soup, chili, mandarin oranges, whole or stewed tomatoes, pasta or rice sides, cereal.
- Now is the time to join or renew your NODC (calendar year) membership. Please download our Membership Form.