December 6th, 2013
Tentative 2014 NODC Public Meeting Locations 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm please check our website for updates www.northoakland-dems.org
The North Oakland Democratic Club typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month, speakers usually begin at 7:00 pm
- January 21 (Tues). – Clarkston Union M/C Room – POTUS State of the Union Watch Party, 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346 Meeting will begin at 7:30 pm, address begins at 8:00 pm – special guest speaker is Mark Totten, candidate for Attorney General, State of Michigan
- March 19 (Wed) – C- Pub (Clansman Gaelic Pub @ Canterbury Village) 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- April 16 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- June 18 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- July 16 – (Wed) Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- September 1 (Mon) – Clarkston Labor Day Parade 9am – noon (Meet at Renaissance High School 6558 Waldon Road Clarkston, MI 48346)
- September 17 (Wed) – Clarkston Union M/C Room – 54 S. Main St. Clarkston, MI 48346
- October 15 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
- November 19 (Wed) – Italia Gardens 1076 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford Charter Township, MI 48371
- December 17 (Wed) – C-Pub 2325 Joslyn Road Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
follow the North Oakland Democratic Club on social media:
December 6th, 2013
Wed. Dec. 18 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Join us for our December Meeting at Holiday celebration at C-Pub (a.k.a. Clansman Gaelic Pub) at Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360
Guest speakers include: Oakland County Treasurer Andy Meisner; and State Rep. District 37 Vicki Barnett for policy and legislative updates. Lansing resident and State Demographer Ken Darga will also speak to our group.
December begins our membership drive for 2014, any memberships collected will be applied to the 2014 calendar year. 2014 starts now!
As always, please bring canned or packaged food donations to the As a result of the drastic cuts in Federal Food Assistance, donations to the Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry are more important than ever! Did you know Oxford/Orion FISH gives out more than just canned goods. We try to offer our clients the necessities found in most households. We carry items like: personal hygiene, shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream, razors, cereal, bread, beverages, snack treats, pasta, garbage bags, Kleenex, etc. They love all kinds of donations!
October 14th, 2013
Friday Nov. 1 6:30 pm The NODC will have a movie night on Friday November 1 at the home of Amy and Mike Murawka, 1217 Andante Ct, Oxford, MI 48370 6:30 pm (movie starts at 7 pm)
We will be showing the documentary “Bitter Pill”, by Flint area neurosurgeon Dr. Vivekanand Palavali to highlight what he saw as the biggest problems facing the U.S. health care system in the U.S. Dr. Palavali will join us at our November 20 meeting to discuss his documentary and health care issues.
Sunday, Nov. 10 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm - Please join The 8 th District Democratic Committee as we look forward to 2014 with our Fall Fundraiser at Dusty’s Cellar 1857 W Grand River Ave Okemos, MI 48864 map: http://mapq.st/GVdbgw Hors d’oeuvres will be served, Cash Bar
Suggested Contribution Levels: $10 Student , $25 Supporter, $50 Sponsor
Questions please contact: Isaac Francisco (517) 755-8015
Wed. Nov 20 6:30 pm the NODC November Meeting will be at the Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen (M/C Room) 54 S. Main St, Clarkston MI
Guest speakers include Dr. Vivekanand Palavali who will discuss his documentary “Bitter Pill” and Lucy Sedgwick from the Sierra Club Michigan Beyond Coal campaign.
October 14th, 2013
The North Oakland Democratic Club will meet Wednesday, October 16, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the C-Pub (a.k.a Clansman Gaelic Pub) at Canterbury Village, 2325 Joslyn Rd Lake Orion, MI 48360 (behind the King’s Court Castle)
- State Senator Rebekah Warren will speak to our group and address her role as lead on the governor’s Mental Health and Wellness Workgroup dedicated to education, employment and veterans’ issues.
Senator Warren serves on the Senate committees for Natural Resources, Environment and Great Lakes (Vice-Chair); Health Policy (Vice-Chair); Finance, Reforms, Restructuring and Reinventing; and Regulatory Reform. In these roles, she is ensuring that the concerns of progressives are entered into the debates on policies that are reshaping Michigan.
- Jeremy Mitchell will also speak about Wayne State University’s Transition to Independence Program (TIP) which assists young adults that “age out” of their foster care homes.
- Please remember to bring canned and packaged foods for the Oxford/Orion FISH food pantry.
September 11th, 2013
There are a a number of events that the North Oakland Democratic Club will participate in in September.
- With the approach of the Michigan expansion of Medicaid, a Michigan health care exchange, and enrollment for health care plans relating to the Affordable Healthcare Act, the NODC has invited a speaker from the Michigan AARP, Steven Hernandez from Michigan Consumers for Healthcare and possibly another speaker (to be announced) to provide an update. We will meet Thurs. Sept 19th at Red Knapp’s American Grille 6722 Dixie Hwy., Clarkston, 48346 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm As always, please bring canned and packaged food for the Oxford/Orion FISH Food Pantry – the need for food support has only grown larger in North Oakland County
- Please be part of the North Oakland Democratic Club table at the OCDP 53rd Annual Phil Hart Dinner, Sun. Sept.15, 6:00 pm at Club Venetian 29310 John R Road Madison Heights, MI 48071 Click here for tickets. Please let me know if you are making plans to attend and would like to sit at our table.
- Sun. Sept 15, noon to 5 pm Please drop by the NODC canopy at Taste of Clarkston. We will be with exhibitors in the parking lot on N Main St, at W. Washington St.
- Sat. Sept 21, 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Please join us for our September Adopt-A-Road pick-up on Brown Rd between Joslyn Rd and Baldwin Rd. Meet us in the northeast corner of the Costco parking lot (400 Brown Rd) . Bring work gloves and sturdy shoes, we will provide the safety vests, bags, and picking sticks
- Sat. Sept. 28, 10 am to 5 pm. Please drop by the NODC canopy at Septemberfest in Ortonville. We will be on South St, above Mill St.